All children are raised by nurturing, skilled parents.
Provide the local and global community of parents and educators the tools and resources to create and sustain healthy, safe environments for children.
- Parenting is the most important and challenging job there is.
- Parents are their children’s first and most important teachers.
- All families should have access to parenting education and support services.
- We treat each individual with respect and dignity.
- We have the knowledge, expertise and skills to achieve excellence in our work.
- We demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We achieve success through effective communication and clearly understood goals and expectations.
- Our work is grounded in our commitment to our direct work with families.
Parenting Now! remains focused on its vision that all children are raised by nurturing, skilled parents. We will continue to strive to be a culturally responsive organization where everyone treats and is treated with kindness and respect, regardless of their color, race/ethnicity, heritage, religion, sexual orientation, gender, language, immigration status or physical and mental abilities.
Oregon is home to diverse families. We know that many of our families and Parenting Now! staff are concerned about and affected by the charged political climate and increased incidents of hate crimes in our local, state and national communities. Many are experiencing extreme uncertainty about their immediate and future well-being.
We want to reassure families and our community that Parenting Now! embraces all parents and children. We are committed to supporting every parent and caregiver in creating a safe, respectful, and welcoming environment for children. Para leer en español, haga clic aquí.
– Executive Director Lynne Member and the Parenting Now! Board of Directors.