We're Here For You As Your Child Grows
Our vision is that all children are raised by skilled, nurturing parents
Happening at Parenting Now
• We are excited to share that Baby Connection will be starting back in-person on August 10. We'll set up outside, have some pop-up tents and misters available if it's hot. Baby Connection is offered every Wednesday from 11 am to 12 pm. Our in-person option for Lane County families is located at the Parenting Now building (86 Centennial Loop in Eugene). Baby Connection will continue to have a virtual option for families throughout Oregon. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the virtual option. The in-person option, which starts on August 10, does not require preregistration. Both options are FREE to attend!
• Make Parenting A Pleasure parenting group starts on August 18, and meets virtually on Thursdays from 7 pm to 8:30 pm. In this group, you will learn the importance of taking care of yourself so you can better care for your children. This group is free to attend, but preregistration is required. You can register one of three ways: Call: 541-434-4343; Email: email@example.com; Online Form: https://parentingnow.org/parents/program- enrollment/
Parenting Now has provided parenting support to Lane County families for over 40 years. In our groups, parents learn how to create the kind of loving relationship they want to have with their children.
"Parenting groups, like those at Parenting Now do a great service to parents because they show them what’s OK in their kids – and it’s almost always OK.” – Dr. Jaylynn Kao, MD
“Being here made me feel more normal…and that I wasn’t alone in all of this.” – Michelle Crespino, parent
Support Strong Families
Parenting Now depends on donations from generous individuals like you to continue our critical parenting education and primary abuse prevention in Oregon and across the country. Make a donation today to support strong families in your community.
"Parenting Now is a community investment of the most priceless kind: an investment in the preservation of nurturing family life, which ought to be the birthright of every child." — Former University of Oregon President David Frohnmayer
“Having a weekly group of parents with babies of similar ages was magical. It is amazing how much peace of mind I gained from hearing (and seeing) other families going through similar situations.” – First Three Years Parent
Your Donations At Work
Articles for Parents
What Parents Are Saying
"The support and information you gain at Parenting Now are so valuable. As a parent, you need that resource and opportunity to connect with other people in the same place as you."
"Besides making friends with other parents in our groups, we really appreciated the information in our Wonderful ONEs group in particular, which gave us some insights into how our child was thinking and learning. It has helped us make thoughtful parenting choices."
"Because of our Parenting Now groups, I realized that we weren’t alone in what we were feeling or experiencing. The group brought things to our attention that were critical to being a parent."
Frequently Asked Questions
For most new parents, a baby changes their lives dramatically. Most parents want to do a good job raising their children, yet not all parents know how or have the support they need. New parents may feel isolated and frustrated about their abilities or just want to share the excitement of the daily changes in their lives with someone who understands. Parenting is the most important, challenging, and rewarding job most people will ever have and positive parenting skills can be learned. Most parents find it very helpful to become part of a supportive Parenting Now group where they can learn about child development and share information with other new parents. As an added bonus, most Parenting Now, groups remain friends for years!
Every year, close to 1,000 local parents and their children in Lane County, Oregon, participate in Parenting Now parenting groups, and an additional 4,000 people connect with our other programs and services. In more than 40 years, we estimate we have served more than 100,000 parents and children. Throughout the country—and the world—other organizations use Parenting Now's curricula and reach thousands more families. Our curricula are used at more than 1,400 sites in the U.S. and in 17 international locations.
Parenting Now's Enrollment Specialist will help place you in the right program. Give us a call at 541-434-4343.
Some of our programs are free; others have fees, but all of our programs are available to all families in the community, regardless of ability to pay. Some programs use a sliding scale, some are offered free to qualified low-income families, and some provide scholarships for families that want to participate.
Parenting Now uses donations and fundraising to cover most of the costs. We do not require documentation of need. Please call us at 541-484-5316 to learn more.
While we are unable to hold in-person parenting groups during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have lots of options for families, including:
- Virtual parenting groups offered through Zoom, including Incredible INFANTs, Wonderful ONEs, Terrific TWOs, Thrilling THREEs, and Make Parenting A Pleasure.
- Virtual home visits through Healthy Families
- Virtual Baby Connection every Wednesday from 11 am to 12 pm
- Free access to our Parenting: The First Three Years Online program