Welcome, parents of Lane County. We look forward to providing you with programs and services that enrich your family life.
Parenting Now! has been offering parenting education and support to parents in Lane County, Oregon since 1978.
While we are unable to hold in-person parenting groups during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have lots of options for families, including:
VIRTUAL AND REMOTE SUPPORT OPTIONS FOR PARENTS
• Healthy Families Virtual Home Visits: Pregnant or newly parenting? As you integrate this baby into your family’s busy life, a Family Support Specialist can be there for you with weekly virtual visits. Call us at 541-556-5355 to learn more about Healthy Families.
• One-2-One Support: Email, phone, and text support for Lane County parents. Talk with Parenting Educators from the comfort of home. Receive free support and education on your schedule. Available to English and Spanish speaking families. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
• Free access to Parenting The First Three Years Online Program: F3Y Online uses the latest research on child development and positive parenting strategies to give you the tools you need to support your child.
• A web page devoted to resources for families Parenting Through Covid-19.
• Squishtivities to do with your child posted daily to the Parenting Now! Facebook page, as well as encouraging and inspirational Words To Love By.
• Live Discussions With Parenting Educators: Join Parenting Educators (and special guests) for live, virtual discussions on parenting topics, including routines, temperament, and power struggles. Contact email@example.com to register.
• Virtual Circle Time: Guided songs, books, and other fun activities for you and your 1, 2, or 3-year old —led by an experienced Parenting Educator. New Circle Time Videos uploaded to Facebook and YouTube every other Friday. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive email notifications.
• Virtual Baby Connection: Every Wednesday, from 11 am to 12 pm, parents can talk virtually with Lactation Specialist Debbie Jensen to get nutrition and feeding support, as well as chat with other parents who have babies under 1. Contact email@example.com to register.
Parenting Educators are still available to answer your questions via phone calls, texts, emails, and Facebook. We will continue to be active on the Parenting Now! Facebook page and will update there, as well as on our website, as the situation unfolds.
More offerings are in the works, so stay tuned!
Parenting Now! offers parenting groups and support for families of young children in Lane County, Oregon.
We offer a variety of programs that support the needs of parents with children from birth to 8.
A professional parenting educator facilitates each group and follows a carefully developed curriculum. Each session includes group discussion about topics that are important to parents from a variety of backgrounds.
Additional Parenting Resources
Parenting assistance is available through Parenting Now! and community resources:
Useful Links Family Info Line at 211, English-Spanish Family Resource Poster, LaneKids Activities Calendar, Healthy Kids no and low cost health insurance for children, how to report child abuse, and child development information that includes a video, an ‘Ages and Stages’ questionnaire, and Just in Time Parenting material.
Healthy Families at Parenting Now! Free, voluntary, evidence-based home visiting program for new parents, accredited with Healthy Families America. Home visits may begin prenatally up until the baby is three months old, and continue until the child’s third birthday. Weekly visits focus on welcoming the new baby into the family, and supporting parents in creating the family they want. Home Visitors share information and support around parent/child bonding and attachment, health and safety, parenting and community referrals.
For more information, call 541-484-5316 or send an e-mail.