Position Announcement for Parenting: The First Three Years Parenting Educator
General Purpose of Position: To facilitate Parenting Now parenting groups. Parenting Educator will strengthen families by: increasing knowledge of child development; improving parenting skills; strengthening support systems; and by providing community resource and referral information.
- Prepare parenting group content and physical set-up
- Facilitate discussion in the group and present the curriculum effectively
- Keep appropriate paperwork such as attendance records, group agenda, telephone and email contact documentation, referral forms; distribute and collect evaluation measures
- Provide on-site supervision to practicum students or interns, children’s program staff, and volunteers
- Conduct prenatal talks at community prenatal classes
- Maintain primary responsibility for the confidentiality of participants
- Maintain telephone or email contact with families and other professionals
- Communicate with Children’s Program Coordinator and Children’s Program staff
- Collaborate as needed with other community agencies
- Attend the required program and all staff meetings and training as well as workshops, community meetings, and events
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Received From: Program Manager
Supervision Given To: Practicum students or interns and volunteers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of child development
- Group facilitation skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work independently
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Master in child development, education, counseling, or related field
- Professional experience working with young children
- Parenting or similar experience
This position is part-time, variable hours, mostly evenings. Compensation is $15.00-$17.00 per hour depending on experience and duties assigned.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references here.
This position will remain open until filled.
Parenting Now is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, creating an inclusive environment for all employees, and supporting all families in our community. Women, LGBTQ individuals, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.