Position Announcement for Parenting: The First Three Years Parenting Educator
General Purpose of Position: To facilitate Parenting Now! parenting groups. Parenting Educator will strengthen families by: increasing knowledge of child development; improving parenting skills; strengthening support systems; and by providing community resource and referral information.
- Prepare parenting group content and physical set-up
- Facilitate discussion in the group and present the curriculum effectively
- Keep appropriate paperwork such as attendance records, group agenda, telephone and email contact documentation, referral forms; distribute and collect evaluation measures
- Provide on-site supervision to practicum students or interns, children’s program staff, and volunteers
- Conduct prenatal talks at community prenatal classes
- Maintain primary responsibility for confidentiality of participants
- Maintain telephone or email contact with families and other professionals
- Communicate with Children’s Program Coordinator and Children’s Program staff
- Collaborate as needed with other community agencies
- Attend required program and all staff meetings and training as well as workshops, community meetings, and events
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision Received From: Program Manager
Supervision Given To: Practicum students or interns and volunteers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of child development
- Group facilitation skills
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals
- Ability to work independently
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- Master in child development, education, counseling, or related field
- Professional experience working with young children
- Parenting or similar experience
This position is part-time, variable hours, mostly evenings. Compensation is $14.00-$16.00 per hour depending on experience and duties assigned.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Parenting Now!, 86 Centennial Loop, Eugene, OR 97401, Attn: Pamela Evanston. Or email cover letter, resume, and references to Pamela.
Position will remain open until filled.
Parenting Now! is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.