General Purpose of Position: Parenting Now!, with funding from PeaceHealth Oregon Network and Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, is hiring a part-time child passenger safety seat technician (CPST). This CPST will serve as a community coordinator of CPST activities, provide child safety seat checks, organize car seat clinics, and work with community partners to organize a CPST certification course.
- Serve as an effective representative of Parenting Now!’s Mission, Goals, and Values
- Be familiar with all Parenting Now! programs
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality
- Prioritize work, use time efficiently and productively
- Adapt to change, demonstrate flexibility, ask questions
- Anticipate problems, make sound decisions, and take appropriate action
- Learn new information relevant to position and grow as a professional
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication
- Maintain respectful and effective working relationships with volunteers, student interns, co-workers, supervisors, families, community members, and professionals
- Utilize supervision effectively
- Accept and use constructive feedback from others to improve job performance
- Support co-workers in doing their jobs and function as an effective member of the team
- Respect and value people of diverse cultures, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, style, etc.
Job Duties: Car Safety Seat Program
- Provide CPST services to Parenting Now! clients and clients of partner agencies, including SHMC-Riverbend
- Offer child passenger safety education to participants in local childbirth education courses, in Parenting Now! activities, and clients of other partner agencies, and at community events
- Work with educators, medical staff and nursing leadership for health care facilities to provide educational materials/language for distribution, and staff education
- Provide print and media content such as interviews, blog posts, newsletters, Facebook posts
- File quarterly reports on activities and progress with specific metrics of:
- Number and type of car seats distributed
- Number and type of car seat checks performed
- Number of clinics attended/coordinated
- Type and reach of outreach activities
- Coordinate efforts around CPST activities in the community, in conjunction with the Safe Kids West Oregon coalition
Other duties as assigned
Supervision Received From: Executive Director
Desired Education, Qualifications and/or Experience:
- High School diploma required; college degree preferred
- Valid Driver License
- Training/Certifications/Licensure: Certified Child Passenger Safety Seat Technician required
- Recertification every 2 years.
- Senior checker, CPST Instructor status, and/or training for special needs children preferred
- Current CPR
- Basic graphic design principles and desktop publishing techniques
- Knowledge of communications theory and public relations techniques
- Strong media relations skills / High comfort level with public speaking
- Capable of effectively handling multiple priorities
- Effective time management skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work independently and with diverse groups and teams
- Strong written and speaking communication skills
This position is part-time with variable hours. Compensation is $18-$20 per hour, plus benefits, depending on experience and duties assigned.
Position open until filled.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Lynne Swartz (email@example.com). No calls, please.
Parenting Now! is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.