General Purpose of Position: Form and facilitate Make Parenting A Pleasure parent education and support groups for Spanish speaking families; assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship by increasing knowledge of child development, improving parenting skills and support system, providing community resource referrals, and promoting self-sufficiency of parents.
- Facilitate weekly bilingual parent education and support group following the Parenting Now! Haga de la Paternidad un Placer curriculum (adapting and supplementing materials as needed to meet the needs of specialized population)
- Prepare weekly group content and order group snacks
- Call families between weekly meetings for peer counseling and reminders
- Provide outreach as needed
- Refer parents to appropriate agencies as needed
- Coordinate with community agencies working with Spanish speaking families, educate agencies about our services as needed, and make and receive referrals
- Provide educational materials (handouts, videos, books, etc.) in Spanish to participating parents
- Maintain group files and all forms associated with them (including weekly group agenda, intakes, evaluations, confidentiality forms)
- Provide family information for database input
- Work with the Children’s Program Coordinator regarding childcare needs
- Comply with mandated reporting laws
- Stay current on research regarding parent education and child development
- Provide reports as needed, including grant reports
- Attend program meetings as assigned and all-staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bi-lingual for Spanish and English, including writing skills
- Ability to facilitate group discussion related to parenting
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Knowledge of child development
- Group facilitation skills
Desired Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in child development, education, counseling, or related field
- Strong background in child development, parenting strategies, and group facilitation
- Two or more years of related experience
- Experience in group dynamics, parent education, and working with specialized population
- Knowledge of local community resources and facilities
This position is part-time, variable hours, mostly evenings. Compensation depending on experience and duties assigned.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and references to Parenting Now!, 86 Centennial Loop, Eugene, OR 97401, Attn: Anita Huffman. Or email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
Position closes Wednesday, February 14, 2018, at 4 p.m.
Parenting Now! is an equal opportunity employer.