While we are unable to hold in-person parenting groups during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have lots of options for families, including:
- Healthy Families virtual visits
- Facebook and phone support
- Free access to our First Three Years Online Program
- A web page devoted to resources for families Parenting Through Covid-19.
- Squishtivities to do with your child posted daily to the Parenting Now! Facebook page, as well as encouraging and inspirational Words To Love By.
And, Parenting Educators are still available to answer your questions via phone calls, texts, emails, and Facebook. We will continue to be active on the Parenting Now! Facebook page and will update there, as well as on our website, as the situation unfolds.
More offerings are in the works, so stay tuned!
Parenting Now! offers groups that meet the needs of many families.
Quotes from parents who completed Parenting Groups in 2017 and 2018:
- “I have definitely become a more nurturing, interactive mom.”
- “I feel a better sense of community and feel more supported.”
- “[I liked the] judgment-free space to talk and work through parenting issues and celebrate successes.”
- “[I liked the] large group of similarly-aged kiddos where we could track progress developmentally and share techniques that are working.”
- “It has made me think a lot about what my child is capable of understanding.”
- “I’ve become more mindful of many things, like reading my baby’s cues and playing in a constructive way.”
- “[I am] more aware of my child’s needs, more aware of what is “normal” for a 2-year-old.”
- “I feel a little better equipped to handle the challenges babies present. It’s also nice to know I’m not the only one having difficulties. More relaxed and confident.”
- “I feel I am a lot more attentive to my child’s needs as well as aware of what I can do to help him develop and thrive.”
- “I feel I have a resource for information and know that there’s a wide range of what’s normal for babies.”