About Parenting Now!
Parenting Now!, formerly Birth To Three, is a private non-profit organization that provides parenting education and support to families with young children. We bring parents of young children together to:
- share parenting experiences
- increase their knowledge of early childhood development
- learn about community resources
- create support networks among themselves
Videos provide more information. This video has more information on Parenting Now! (then known as Birth To Three), as does this one. Watch this video for parents’ views on Parenting Now! and its value to the community.
Read the story of a “Birth To Infinity” group’s experience of creating an extended family. Read why a parent values her Make Parenting A Pleasure experience. By distributing our internationally recognized curricula, training and materials, we share our expertise with other organizations that work with families while helping to defray the costs of providing local parenting groups.
Here is our 2012-13 annual report as well as our 2012-13 audited financial statement and 990 report .
Read our policies about records retention, conflict of interest and whistleblowers.
All children are raised by nurturing, skilled parents.
- Parenting is the most important and challenging job there is.
- Parents are their children’s first and most important teachers.
- All families should have access to parenting education and support services.
- We treat each individual with respect and dignity.
- We have the knowledge, expertise and skills to achieve excellence in our work.
- We demonstrate honesty and integrity in everything we do.
- We achieve success through effective communication and clearly understood goals and expectations.
- Our work is grounded in our commitment to our direct work with families.
Parenting Now! was founded in 1978 in Eugene, Lane County, Oregon as a grassroots community project named Birth To Three. Since that beginning, nearly 93,000 local parents and their children have benefited from the organization’s programs and services.
Today, Parenting Now! is one of the premier parenting organizations in the country, a model for others to replicate – and most of all, a way to create an extended family and sense of community through the common bond of parenthood. The success of our many programs has made an impact on families nationally and internationally.
We have built on what we have learned since 1978 in providing parenting education and support. We have developed nationally recognized parenting education curricula which are now being used at more than 800 sites in 46 states and Washington, D.C.; 18 international locations; and in Native American and Native Hawaiian communities.